By Julian Smart
This is the publication model of the broadcast publication. If the print booklet features a CD-ROM, this content material isn't really integrated in the publication version.
- Build complex cross-platform functions that help local look-and-feel on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC
- Master wxWidgets from begin to finish—even if you will have by no means equipped GUI functions before
- Leverage complex wxWidgets services: networking, multithreading, streaming, and more
- CD-ROM: library of improvement instruments, resource code, and pattern applications
- Foreword by means of Mitch Kapor, founder, Lotus improvement and Open resource program Foundation
wxWidgets is an easy-to-use, open resource C++ API for writing GUI functions that run on home windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, or even Pocket PC—supporting each one platform's local appear and feel with nearly no extra coding. Now, its writer and major builders train you all you must recognize to put in writing powerful cross-platform software program with wxWidgets. This publication covers every thing from conversation containers to drag-and-drop, from networking to multithreading. It comprises all of the instruments and code you want to get nice effects, quick. From AMD to AOL, Lockheed Martin to Xerox, world-class builders are utilizing wxWidgets to save cash, bring up potency, and succeed in new markets. With this booklet, you could, too.
- wxWidgets quickstart: event/input dealing with, window layouts, drawing, printing, dialogs, and more
- Working with window periods, from easy to advanced
- Memory administration, debugging, blunders checking, internationalization, and different complex topics
- Includes broad code samples for home windows, Linux (GTK+), and Mac OS X
Read Online or Download Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets PDF
Best human-computer interaction books
Task Models and Diagrams for Users Interface Design: 5th International Workshop, TAMODIA 2006, Hasselt, Belgium, October 23-24, 2006, Revised Papers (Lecture ... / Programming and Software Engineering)
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the fifth overseas Workshop on job versions and Diagrams for consumer Interface layout, TAMODIA 2006, held in Hasselt, Belgium in October 2006. The 23 revised complete papers offered including 1 invited paper have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from various submissions for inclusion within the ebook.
Present speech attractiveness structures be afflicted by edition of voice features among audio system as they're often according to speaker self sustaining speech types. with a purpose to get to the bottom of this factor, edition equipment were constructed in lots of cutting-edge structures. notwithstanding, info got over the years remains to be misplaced each time one other speaker intermittentlyuses the popularity method.
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the twenty first foreign Symposium on Methodologies for clever structures, ISMIS 2014, held in Roskilde, Denmark, in June 2014. The sixty one revised complete papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 111 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on advanced networks and information move mining; information mining tools; clever platforms functions; wisdom illustration in databases and structures; textual info research and mining; unique consultation: demanding situations in textual content mining and semantic info retrieval; particular consultation: warehousing and OLAPing advanced, spatial and spatio-temporal information; ISMIS posters.
This publication offers a large and entire evaluate of the present technical ways within the zone of silent speech interfaces (SSI), either in conception and in program. every one process is defined within the context of the human speech creation strategy, permitting the reader to obviously comprehend the rules at the back of SSI usually and throughout various equipment.
- Telexistence: 2nd Edition
- Anthropology-Based Computing: Putting the Human in Human-Computer Interaction (Human–Computer Interaction Series)
- Leonardo's Laptop: Human Needs and the New Computing Technologies (MIT Press)
- Designing with the Mind in Mind, Second Edition: Simple Guide to Understanding User Interface Design Guidelines
- Portable Communities: The Social Dynamics of Online and Mobile Connectedness
Extra info for Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets
Of course, it’s no coincidence that object-oriented programming and GUIs mesh well—they grew up together. The object-oriented language Smalltalk designed by Alan Kay and others in the 1970s was an important milestone in GUI history, making innovations in user interface technology as well as lan guage design, and although wxWidgets uses a different language and API, the principles employed are broadly the same. LICENSE CONSIDERATIONS The wxWidgets license (officially, the “wxWindows License” for legal and his torical reasons) is L-GPL with an exception clause.
We’ll also discuss plug-in and dynamic event handlers, and we’ll describe how you can create your own event class, types, and macros. EVENT-DRIVEN PROGRAMMING When programmers encountered an Apple Macintosh for the first time, they were astonished at how different it was from the conventional computer expe rience of the period. Moving the pointer from one window to another, playing with scrollbars, menus, text controls and so on, it was hard to imagine how the underlying code sorted out this fabulous complexity.
Every class that derives from wxEvtHandler, including frames, buttons, menus, and even documents, can contain an event table to tell wxWidgets how events are routed to handler functions. All window classes (derived from wxWindow), and the application class, are derived from wxEvtHandler. To create a static event table (one that’s created at compile time), you need to 1. 2. 3. 4. Declare a new class that is derived directly or indirectly from wxEvtHandler. Add a member function for each event that must be handled.