By Seyom Brown
This can be a textual content concerning the explanations, prevention and regulate of struggle among countries and states that pulls upon study from quite a lot of disciplines to handle person, cultural, social, monetary, political and strategic elements. It rejects makes an attempt at common motives or prescriptions. This variation has been revised, prolonged and up-to-date to hide the replaced conditions of the post-Cold struggle international.
Read or Download The Causes and Prevention of War PDF
Best military sciences books
This study assortment presents a entire research of vital strategic, cultural, moral and philosophical elements of recent battle. It deals a fresh research of key concerns in sleek battle, not just when it comes to the behavior of struggle and the broader complexities and ramifications of recent clash, but additionally ideas of conflict, the an important shifts within the constitution of war, and the morality and legality of using strength in a post-9/11 age.
Even if the military-industrial complicated turned time-honored to so much american citizens in the course of the chilly battle, Paul Koistinen exhibits that its origins truly return to the sunrise of this century. Mobilizing for contemporary warfare, the second one of a rare five-volume examine at the political economic system of yankee war, highlights the emergence of this pivotal courting.
- An Executive Perspective on Workforce Planning
- Biological Weapons: Limiting the Threat (BCSIA Studies in International Security)
- The Challenge of Military Reform in Postcommunist Europe: Building Professional Armed Forces
- Understanding Global Security
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies
- The Military Balance 2009
Additional resources for The Causes and Prevention of War
29. Insightful analysis of the crucial effects of official misperceptions and miscalculations on the conduct of international crises is provided in Robert Jervis, Perception and Misperception in International Politics (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1976); Richard Ned Lebow, Between Peace and War: The Nature of International Crisis (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1981); Ole R. Holsti, "Crisis Decision Making," in Philip E. Tetlock, Jo L. Husbands, Robert Jervis, Paul C. L, ed .
Frantz Fanon, The Wretched of the Earth , trans. Constance Farrington (New York: Grove Press, 1963), p. 73. 18. See Eugene Hollon, Frontier Violence: Another Look (New York: Oxford University Press, 1974). 19. For an analysis of typical movie scenarios of violence on the Western frontier, see Will Wright, Six Guns and Society: A Structural Study of the Western (Berkeley: University of California Press, 1975). 20. For data on how a scarcity of resources for exchange correlates with violence, see Robert Bensing and Oliver Schroeder, Homicide in an Urban Community (Springfield, Ill: Charles C.
F. Skinner, Beyond Freedom and Dignity (New York: Knopf, 1971). 24. S. Marine Corps boot camp. 25. Stanley Milgram, Obedience to Authority (New York: Harper & Row, 1974). 26. Petra Hesse and John E. Mack, "The World Is a Dangerous Place: Images of the Enemy on Children's Television," in Rieber, The Psychology of War and Peace, pp. 147-148 . 27. Bruno Bettelheim, The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning of Fairy Tales (New York: Vintage, 1989). See also his "The Importance of Play," The Atlantic, March 1987, pp.