By Ralph J. DiClemente, John S. Santelli, Richard A. Crosby
This e-book covers the developmental and illnesses precise to the adolescent interval of lifestyles. It makes a speciality of unique wishes and public overall healthiness courses for young people. It bargains deep perception into smoking, violence, youngster being pregnant, HIV/AIDS, and different difficulties, besides intervention and prevention options.
"Anyone desirous about bettering adolescent well-being may still learn this publication. It spans theoretical and developmental constructs, summaries of evidence-based interventions for adolescent possibility behaviors, metrics, and coverage recommendations." —S. Jean Emans, MD, leader, department of Adolescent drugs, and Robert Masland Jr., chair, Adolescent drugs, kid's clinic Boston, and professor of pediatrics, Harvard clinical School
"This is the only unmarried textual content that scholars can use to check adolescent well-being. It comprises contributions from a few of the world's so much comprehensive researchers to supply novices with leading edge info to make the examine of youth comprehensible and acceptable in functional settings." —Gary L. Hopkins, MD, DrPH, affiliate examine professor and director, heart for Prevention study, and director, heart for Media impression learn, Andrews University
"This textbook offers a great stability in weighing the proof from the chance and the resilience literature, incorporating examine in racially and ethnically varied populations." —Renée R. Jenkins, MD, FAAP, professor, division of Pediatrics and baby wellbeing and fitness, Howard college collage of Medicine
"This is a fascinating, thorough, and thought-provoking assertion of our wisdom approximately youth. " —Wendy Baldwin, PhD, director, Poverty, Gender, and adolescence application, inhabitants Council
Read or Download Adolescent Health: Understanding and Preventing Risk Behaviors PDF
Similar public health books
In fresh many years, social and political pressures have compelled a reevaluation of the jobs of well-being and welfare pros all through Europe. coverage, humans, and the recent expert examines these adjustments and their consequences. The quantity finds how public dissatisfaction with caregivers, monetary pressures from executive corporations, and makes an attempt to deal with Europe’s more and more multicultural inhabitants have ended in alterations in obligations and oversight for a variety of practitioners.
''With the increase and enlargement of the chemical and petroleum industries, so has there been an increase and growth in comparable human illnesses in addition to human, fabric, and estate losses as a result of fires, explosions, damaging and poisonous spills, gear mess ups, and different injuries. This much-needed evaluate examines the basics of overall healthiness, security, and coincidence administration.
Regulatory Foundations for the nutrition defense expert is a entire advisor for the entry-level nutrition defense expert (FPP) operating in both the general public or deepest area. The publication may also function a origin for college kids in educational courses getting ready for a profession in meals defense.
This ebook discusses present overall healthiness care demanding situations and new options for leading edge ideas during this quarter from an interdisciplinary point of view of wellbeing and fitness care administration, enterprise economics, and medication. It provides the assumption of a “boundaryless hospital”, a conceptual version of a patient-centric, value-based health and wellbeing community that overcomes ordinary sectorial, organizational, and geographical limitations and provides larger potency and higher caliber results for sufferers.
- Benefit-Risk Assessment of Medicines: The Development and Application of a Universal Framework for Decision-Making and Effective Communication
- New Developments in the Bioarchaeology of Care: Further Case Studies and Expanded Theory (Bioarchaeology and Social Theory)
- Health Promotion For People With Intellectual And Developmental Disabilities (UK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare)
- Ecosystems and Human Health: A Critical Approach to Ecohealth Research and Practice
- Soins hospitaliers pédiatriques: Prise en charge des affections courantes dans les petits hôpitaux (French Edition)
- Management Accounting in Health Care Organizations (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
Additional resources for Adolescent Health: Understanding and Preventing Risk Behaviors
Nearly all of this increase was due to homicides involving guns. Although the causes of this increase (and subsequent decrease) are complex, the sudden appearance of crack cocaine on the East and West Coasts and then spreading inland played a large role (Blumstein, Rivara, & Rosenfeld, 2000). 6). 34 in 2004. 72 per 100,000 in 1995 before slowly dropping to their current levels. This represents a 115 percent increase from the rate in 1980. Suicide rates among 15- to 19-year-olds were lower in 2004 than in 1980.
1. , 2007. , 2007). , 2007). , 2007). Treatment of mental health disorders becomes more difficult and less successful with increasing duration of symptoms before therapy is begun. , 2005). SUMMARY The period of adolescence and young adulthood is a complex time in the life course of an individual. Most of the morbidity and mortality that occurs during this period is related to individuals beginning to experiment with and assume a variety of adult roles. Many high-risk behaviors among adults first began during Many high-risk adolescence and become well-established patterns of behavior by young adulthood (Park, Mulye, Adams, Brindis, & Irwin, 2006).
Colditz, G. A. (2004). Sugar-added beverages and adolescent weight change. Obesity Research, 12, 778–788. , Rivara, F. , & Rosenfeld, R. (2000). The rise and decline of homicide—and why. Annual Review of Public Health, 21, 505–541. Bowman, S. , Gortmaker, S. , Ebbeling, C. , Pereira, M. , & Ludwig, D. S. (2004). Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey. Pediatrics, 113, 112–118. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.